Thursday, April 6, 2017

Bloodchild

     Reading the text to this story starting from the beginning, in my mind, I felt okay with what I was reading. It seemed to me to be interesting and I became more curious so I read on wanting to understand what was taking place. Reading on it became strange, weird, and utterly disgusting to me as the little bit of vivid description/detail of some parts left me creeped out. The rules/agreements that go on in the relationships between the Terrans (humans) and the Tlics again in just so bizarre! It’s a story that just leaves me wondering why someone would come up with this idea and want to read it?

     The only connections I made were the relationships between the Terran and the Tlics. The Tlics, from what I understand, can’t bear their own young as the use humans to bear their young as they contain enough room and sustainment for the young to grow. In exchange the Tlic are allowing the women to remain alive as the woman of this “second Earth” need to bear the next generation to provide available food for the Tlics’s young to grow.

     The changes I would make to adapt this story into another media would be to probably have the aliens be more “hostile” in the sense they would just be killing the Terrans instead of going into, kind of gory detail, of impregnation of the “alien” eggs and birthing. My brain honestly didn’t like to read info on that specific subject. Making the Tlics less disgusting, without the weird “egg/worm” process, would make me feel much better reading it.

No comments:

Post a Comment